Wednesday 13 June 2012


Today has been a really great day
 Still at the “House sit” in northern Spain, Taz, Joel and I took the train into Barcelona to do the Sightseeing bit. Now cities are something I tend to steer well clear of, but I’m aware that I do miss out on a lot of interesting stuff as a result. This idea of letting the train take the strain was again, something new… and I must say something of a revelation. Barcelona is amazing and certainly worthy of far more time spending on some of the spectacular sites and sights! Yes this is a city that I will returning to at some point with someone special. T see in greater detailk the amazing Gaudi buildings and especially the Cathedral. The huge market right in the center of the city is also somewhere I will want to spend more time trying out a few more of the many delicacies on offer. This was all topped off by our hosts putting on a very special dinner party for us, having cooked a Catalonian fish dish, Suquette; a fish stew…wonderful and washed down with a nice bottle of bubbly. What a day!

Tomorrow will be our last day of staying with these lovely people… it’s time to move on. Friday morning will see the three of us back on the road heading round the coast to France and then on to Italy and beyond.  As much as the hospitality here has been wonderfull, it will be good to be back in the tents and self-sufficient.
 I'll try to get some pics sorted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment