Thursday 17 October 2013

Just when you though you had it cracked!

Tonight sees Peter and Andrew safely down as far as Leicester and staying with another of the team, Steve. Whilst I sit at home relaxing with a wee dram to sooth my nerves after a somewhat stress filled day.

It started well enough, most of my packing was already done before I went to bed last night. A couple of almost insignificant bits of paperwork remained then it was off to Lampeter on my Scoot to the bank before popping in at Motorworld for a coffee and to say good bye Paul and Damien. So far so good!

However as I started the bike to leave Motorworld, Paul noticed that the exhaust was blowing slightly and saw that one of the nuts to the manifold had fallen off.... well actually not quite! In fact the stud had sheared off which saw me dashing down to AP motorcycles in Carmarthen where Andy being his usual helpful and amazing self. drilled it out inserted a helecoil and put it all back together again. So hopefully no more exhaust problems for me on this trip.

One bonus from the drama  is that Andy has volunteered to drive me and the scoot down to Chieveley in the morning and see the 6 of us on the final part of the journey to the Portsmouth Ferry. Whilst it feels a little like cheating, in view of the weather forecast and the fact that I seem to have picked up a slight chest infection/cold, I am extremely grateful for the lift.... Andy is also vey hopeful that he will be joining me for a return trip to Bansang on the next Scoots outing in March 2015..... Oh no! did I really just type that????????????? Got to get this one sorted first though! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and stay safe Dennis.... Andy I hope you have stashed away a bottle of Kracken for the ride.

    ReplyDelete