Tuesday 22 January 2013

D-day -4

I should be rushing around packing my kit ready to fly out to Gambia on Tuesday but instead I am sat here feeling rather melancholy and emotional, supping a small (well fairly small!) rum and listening to an itunes playlist of music I put together recently!

To be fair, most of my packing is done and with the weather set to do its worst, I'll be heading down to Northamptonshire in the Scoots Pajaero rather than on the bike so I can just sling it all in the back rather than having to pack it all neatly... It may well all have to come out again at Anita's, depending on how much more there is to take... I don't know about 30kg of luggage, I think I could do with 300Kg!

It's going to be a tough trip this time around; with Anita undergoing radio therapy and others in my life in a state of emotional turmoil, I think I may be in for a bit of a rough time. I won't have Glenis to lean on either, although hopefully Chris and Jeanette, with whom I fly out, should lighten my load somewhat. As I said before, Anita is a tough act to follow and having seen her in action so many times out in Bansang make one very aware of ones shortcomings. So much to do, so many people to see and in the midst of it all... Politics !!! Now anyone who knows me knows full well that I don't do "politics"

No comments:

Post a Comment