Wednesday 13 February 2013

I'm Back !!!



I’m home!!!! Well back in the UK anyway…staying with Anita in Northants for a couple of day to  review the last 3 weeks projects and to sort out what happens next! Should be heading back to Wales Friday or Saturday if all goes well. At the moment I have no idea just how long I’ll be home for, but with the work on the Children’s ward due to start 1st week in March, it’s likely that it won’t be a long stay…  Meanwhile lots to do and to sort both with my return to Bansang and also with the up and coming Scoots 2013 trip, so it doesn’t look like boredom will feature very highly on list !!!
Wandifa, acting CEO with Sulayman, in the new No1 Theatre
It was great to get back and see Anita still looking her usual bright, chirpy self inspite of the Radio Therapy regime she is undergoing at the moment. She is roughly halfway through her course of treatment and is coping with it really well but it is very obvious she is desperate to get back to Bansang and the people she loves so much, a feeling I can understand very easily!

Tonight we have a dinner to attend with a potential sponsor for part of the work at least on the Children’s ward rebuild, I just hope I can stay awake as it was well after 2am when I finally got to bed last night. Before that there are many thing to go over with Anita once she return from her days “zapping” , her description of the Radio Therapy….
The Hospital's Garden Project, growing fruit & vegetables to feed the patients

Hoping to be heading back to Wales Friday if all goes well, although even then it may be a slightly circuitous route back to base, with probably just about enough time to do my washing, open the mound of post that no doubt awaits me, order up a few bits for the Hospital and head back once more…. At least by the time I get back from the next trip the weather may have improved a little.

It’s funny the little wrinkles that life throws at you, my return to Bansang Hospital will see me undertaking a role which I have never ever imagined myself in, but one very familiar to my close friend and fellow traveller, Taz, that of Project Manager to oversee the rebuild work. It’s not a job for which I can claim any particular qualification other than having spent 46 years running various small businesses and companies and a life time of DIY work including gutting and rebuilding my first house in Wales. Hopefully, that together with some help & advise from Taz will get me through the 6 to 8 weeks that the project is scheduled to run. It’s certainly going to be a challenge and one that will I’m sure not only test my mettle but will hopefully, leave me little time to dwell on other issues in my life… The only problem being I guess, that most of them will still be there whence I return once more; as the saying goes “Same shit, different Day”

No comments:

Post a Comment