Thursday 23 August 2012

Romania here I come !


Just about to get up and sort myself out for the ride north to Romania later this morning. I’m not too sure quite where I’m heading for yet as I’ve had a message from Taz & Joel with there whereabouts but I’ve also still got a bit of a recurring problem with my bike. I had various ideas of the problem which make it drop onto one cylinder on occasions but basically putting it down to fuel starvation. Now Adrian who also runs an “airhead” has suggested that it is probably a diaphragm problem and if he is correct then I may have to run to Bucharest to try to get replacements…

I’ve had an interesting couple of days in Adrian’s company, starting on Wednesday when he drove up to Mogilino to have a look at the house I was thinking of buying there. In the end we came to the conclusion that as nice as the house was, it had a few to many problems and it would cost way too much to fix up properly. Then yesterday I spent the day with him, helping to fix a roof at a house his son owns. When I say “help” I was basically just labouring, sorting and carrying tiles to the guy that was doing the actual roofing. However it was invaluable knowledge gained on the strengths and weaknesses of roofs made with the common Turkish tiles that are found out here. Whilst one can’t become an expert in a day at least I now know a bit more of what I need to look out for and just as important how to go about fixing some of the problems. So all in all a tough but useful  day.

Then last night we out for a meal where we had Sushi, another first for me! The restaurant had a balcony that looked out across the gorge in which Veilko is built and the view from out table was nothing short of stunning.

So this morning’s plan is to get my kit all packed up then whip off the carb tops to check the diaphragms before I check out (just in case I need to stay on !!!!) If all goes well I should be on the road by around 10am heading for the border and a ferry across the Danube to yet another new country, Romania….

No comments:

Post a Comment