Saturday 15 August 2015

Visa !

Just taken the bike for a run across the border at Porthill and down to Bonners Ferry, mainly to check out the position on my US Visa Waiver which expires on Thursday 20th Aug. All the information that I have read on line states quite categorically that it can only be restarted by exiting the country to somewhere other than Canada or Mexico; Not True! I was told just to hand in my current visa as I returned to Canada, which I have now done. Then when I re-enter the US on Tuesday I just get a new one which will be for a further 90 days.

Obviously the proof of the pudding will be on Tuesday, but on the face of it all looks good so I can now think of just which way I'm going to head back and also hopefully meet up with Caroline & Jim once more for a few days....

The smoke is still very bad here, if anything even worse than last night and apparently there were people evacuated from down near Porthill border crossing last night which is only about 10km from us. Just keeping all fingers crossed that it doesn't get too much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment