Saturday 23 March 2013

Monday 18th March



As I have said before the contrast between Morro and Dembo just couldn’t be greater as whilst Dembo never so much as gets his hands dirty, Morro is in the thick of it working with his men, side by side. I’m rapidly getting to the point where dealing with him becoming  is impossible.. in fact I think I’m already there! Once he gets back from the coast on I shall be getting Morro to cost up the work on the Mite house and just leave Dembo to sit on the little seat outside his office.  At least it was good to see the damage caused to the security lodge by him crashing the lorry into it about 12 months ago, at last being repaired. It’s the first time I’ve seen him do anything since I got here.

Tuesday I  head for the coast to collect Anita and pay the rest of the initial payment for the windows and I can’t wait. 8.30am will see Sutay, Morro, Sulayman and myself running back along the Trans Gambian Highway once more. No doubt breakfast will once more be at Soma but hopefully we should be in Banjul by lunchtime as I have a few chores to sort prior to collecting Anita from Yundum Airport. Whether Anita will be able to persuade me to return to Bansang remains to be seen! A few of Luigi’s cocktails and a couple of large Whiskies and I’m sure things will look a little different and at least I’ll have Anita here to listen to my rantings for the next couple of weeks. But that return flight date of 6th April is looking  awfully attractive at the moment.

By the time Anita arrives  on Thursday afternoon I fully expect to see the demolished section of the wall almost finished, or at least up to the top of the window level… so at least that will be some compensation for all the aggro, and we should also have at least five or six windows finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment