Saturday 2 March 2013

Return to Paradise



I slept well last night; a 4am alarm yesterday made sure of that and whilst I dozed occasionally aboard the plane on the 6 hour flight into Banjul it was not enough to stop my eyelids from constantly playing hide and seek with the view as I sat relaxing by the pool. I did however manage to fully participate in the hotel’s “happy hour” which is actually 2 hours by downing 3 cocktails whilst enjoying one of Luigi’s famous pasta dishes. I was joined at the bar by John, a young London based investment broker, out on a last minute 12 day backpacking break. I met up with him at the airport as he was looking for a ride down to the hotel strip and I convinced him that Luigi’s Complex was a great place to chill at the start of his trip!
My plan for today, such as it is, is to try to get all the various shopping and visits in Banjul out of the way, always assuming that I can get transport, as most of what I need to sort is some distance from the Hotel. Visiting the University to pay Sulayman’s first semester fees is top of the list after looking at Windows for the ward. A computer printer and dongle also feature, as does picking up some fresh supplies of stuff that is hard (or impossible) to get in Bansang.
Then I guess it’s a question of just trying to chill until the fuel and hence Sutay arrive to collect me. But first, breakfast calls! Then I think a walk along the beach before the sun gets too hot, should set my day up nicely! It’s a hard life….  

No comments:

Post a Comment