Tuesday 9 April 2013



This morning I await with baited breath the arrival of Ahmed with the first batch of windows for the Children’s Unit. I really will be great to see the first ones installed into the Malnutrition Unit which will make that part of the unit almost complete… Meanwhile the last section of wall to be demolished is down, with just the rubble to be removed today, I hope to see it being rebuilt before the weekend.

IF all goes to plan I will be phoning Joyce at Gambia Experience on Friday to try to get a seat on the following Fridays flight back to Gatwick… but it’s still a big “ask”
Today also, Lyn & Leland from PUG head off back to the coast, bringing their visit to Bansang to a close. Hopefully they will meet up with Morro later in the week and send back with him some high efficiency light bulbs to help reduce the load on the Solar system when it is eventually brought on line. Morro will also come back with all the floor tiles and other bits and pieces he requires to complete the Refurbishment.

At the moment I seem to be keeping Morro three steps ahead of where he is at, by throwing project after project at him for costing. But I must admit that he is not being phased by it and always keeps smiling and getting on with the job. I continue to be very impressed by his leadership of the team of labourers and workers he commands, always in the thick of the action he leads by example !

Other project are moving on but somewhat more slowly. The removal of the bat dropping in the Mite House is taking forever inspite of there always being at least 4 men allegedly  ” working “ on it. They have now also opened up a second hole on the ceiling exactly where I had told them not to, bang in the middle of a lovely ornate plaster ceiling, however Dembo tells me it will be fine as he will put a bit of plywood over the hole !

Tanya I fear had another tough night on call as she left for the hospital shortly after I went to bed and returned at about 5.30am, so I’m playing at church mice this  morning, not even hitting the computer keys to hard for fear of waking her…

No comments:

Post a Comment