Monday 22 April 2013

Told you so!

Yep, they did it ! First bay now all tiled ( by just after lunch in fact) and the walls are indeed up to top of window level ready for the casting of the second reinforced concrete beam.

But I guess the hot news is... I'm on my way home on Friday! Yes I've finally managed to upset enough people thjat I;ve got the sack and am being kicked out of the country!! Oh all right, my flexible return ticket wasn't as flexible as we though and the airline wanted another £160 for me to fly on Tuesday... and I've already been told by the boss that it is just my annual leave and I'm expected back on the job ASAP!


Oh and the other hot news is HE is back! Yes, could have knocked me down with a C90 (no tried that one !) Got over to the hospital this morning and there, large as life was He who must not be named! Even gave me a lift up to maintenance

I have no doubts at all that Morro's Merry Men will continue with the work just as well (probably better ) without be kicking their arses every five minutes ( just as long as I keep paying for their Wonjo juice anyway ) So whilst I leave with a heavy heart I relish the thought of seeing the finished Unit in a few weeks time when I ride into town on my BMW, something I've wanted to do for a long time !

The first patients in the refurbed Malnutrition Unit

1 comment:

  1. Dennis you are doing stirling work out there. It really is fantastic. Look forward to hooking up with you while you are back in UK...... Even if it will be brief ! No excuse seeing as we live in the middle. Stay safe . Freddie and Sue x

    ReplyDelete