Tuesday 16 June 2015

On my way again.... Hopefully!

Jason from Full Throttle having just worked his magic with the Helicoil
Finally, the parts I have been waiting for have arrived and The Beast lives again! Jason from Full Throttle who lives and works just a couple of mile away from Taz & Joel’s place came over yesterday morning and installed the Helicoil in the crankcase for me. Not only had I never used one before but I didn’t have the correct size drill either. I then spent the afternoon reinstalling the cylinder and the rest of the bits. By which time the oil filter housing decided that it wanted to join in the fun and started to leak slightly once more. So that too now has a nice 2 nice new o rings and just to be sure, a thin lick of silicon gasket around the case. Hopefully the old girl will be incontinent no more…


All that remains now is to actually take it for a run this morning to check all is well. Then by lunchtime I will be heading off to Glacier and Yellowstone Parks for a few day whilst I wait for Jim to install his rebuilt gearbox and Taz & Joel to start their vacation time on the 29th. It will also give everything a chance to settle in nicely so hopefully ensuring a trouble free run North to Alaska!  I must confess that whilst on the one hand I cant wait to be on the road once more, I will also be a little sad at leaving this fantastic spot and the wonderful company I have shared over the last week and a half.  However, in just under 2 weeks and I’ll be back!

3 comments:

  1. Dennis, as ever you are using your time👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as you know Freddie, I have some company riding on my shoulder !!!

      Delete
  2. Keep up the great blog, as ever lots of challenges, stay safe

    ReplyDelete