Saturday 2 June 2012

It's Saturday morning 1st June and at last I'm about ready to roll. Bike is all serviced, loaded and reasonably clean !!! Open Street Maps are all down loaded both to lap top and GPS, so hopefully with that and the pile of maps that I have packed I should be able to find my way to Dover!!!!  Well, Folkstone actually as I'm crossing by Chunnel; it seems to be the best value at the moment, although knowing my luck by the time I depart it will have changed !

So the million dollar question, when do I hit the road? I reckoned that Bank Holiday weekend would not be a good starting point. Jubilee or no Jubilee. Roads too crowded, too many complete numpties and prices on channels crossing much higher. Also, I'm not due down to Girona in Northern Spain until about the 11th/12th June so plenty of time to do what is in reality only a two day ride. A few loose ends to sort out before departure seems to make Wednesday or Thursday sensible options.. I'll just have to take a little chill pill over the weekend and see what transpires; however it's going to be a very long weekend as I just can't wait to get on the open road!

No comments:

Post a Comment