Wednesday 27 June 2012

This is turning into a week of goodbyes ! After an emotional goodbye on Monday night, this morning I said good bye to two of the best travelling companions I have ever had ! Yes, Taz & Joel have headed off in one direction and me in another. As said to them this morning there were a thousand reasons to go and a thousand reason to stay... I have loved abs olutelyevery minute of the time we have spent together over the last three weeks; I don't think I have laughed so much for years! But even good things have to end sometime and this morning felt the right time to end on a high. We had enjoyed a fanastic night of hospitality with our host Jason at  the Villa San Rocco in Tuscany, it was a real dream meeting... but that was yet another Goodbye... I shall miss them all; Joel's dry humour, Taz's smile (and her Indian cooking !!!) and Jason's easy hospitality... All very special people.

So today has been spent riding through Tuscany and into Umbria in a somewhat melancholy mood, on my own once again with my thoughts, heading south. I am now camped just outside Assisi...  perhaps hoping for a little inspiration and guidance from St Francis ?
Tomorrow I head on towards Bari and the ferry for Greece, not sure yet if it is going to be Igoumenitsa or Patra but I think Patra is probably going to get the vote simply because I haven't sailed to there before !
Assisi


No comments:

Post a Comment