Wednesday 29 May 2013

I Told You So !!!

HaHaHa! Sorry but I just couldn't resist it... Following on from my post yesterday, having left Banjul at around 2pm, an hour os so later my phone rings and it is Anita informing me that as expected Emily and Co have had a puncture just the other side of Soma (about and hour ahead of us) and are stranded by the roadside as the driver has no spare wheel... I didn't laugh... well not too much anyway!

Arriving on the scene we find the ladies looking a little hot and bothered with the car now repaired but heading in the wrong direction... The driver didn't even get out of the vehicle. Looking at the tyres I am amazed to find that the vehicle is fitted with three Scandinavian metal studded snow tyres! Hmm! snow is something we don't encounter in Gambia very often !!!

Our new passengers travel light so it took but a few minutes to transfer their bags to the back of our vehicle and we were away. With a little over 2 hours of driving left before arrival at Bansang we relaxed in the intense heat of the afternoon whilst Sutay, our driver, did his usual magnificent job at the wheel. We dropped them off at Paradise and I then headed home for a much needed shower before popping over to see what, if any, progress had been made during mu absence. I was fairly pleased to find that two of the new aluminium doors were fitted and working smoothly, the lights along the central walkway were all working and the fourth shower was tiled, although no attempt had been made to rectify the problem with the two poorly fitted units. So I think today I will be on site all day, pushing, cajoling, bullying and generally harassing Morro to try to get things moving a lot faster....

No comments:

Post a Comment