Sunday 17 May 2015

Bring it on!

I awoke early this morning with feelings of relief certainly but also of trepidation, worry and just a little fear. Finally it’s time to hit the road. After a week of hanging around waiting for the Electra to dock, I collected The Beast yesterday afternoon, once more with the help of David, and she now sits snuggled up outside my room ready to start our little adventure, ( I had to sneak a peek through the curtains just then to make sure she really is there!!!)


I've got a bit of stuff still to pack away, although I did the bulk of it as soon as I returned from the port, including giving the  bike's little brass plaques a good clean!  My plan is to have the rest packed up before taking a quick, light breakfast here at the Bluenose Motel, then to head east along the coast to Canso, which is apparently the furthest point east on the Canadian mainland…. There are a few camp grounds around the area if I need them, but I'm just going to see how the day flows and how far I get! Judging from the scenery in the other direction, towards Peggy’s Cove, I may not get too far, with a photo to take around every corner. One potential small problem could be food, as most of the Canadian shops are, I believe, closed on Sundays still. So I may have slim pickings of boiled rice for dinner tonight. At least I have tea and coffee as well as various spices to go in the rice, so I’ll not starve. Besides after a week of eating in the motel, losing a few pounds sounds like a good option !
Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment