Monday 2 July 2012

What a difference.cont !

View from my Campsite
Camping tonight at a site right on the edge of an unspoilt beach about 10 miles from Dephi. The day continued as it had started; perfect! Although a little white dog did it's very best to spoil it for me by running right under my back wheel! I don't know about cats having nine lives, but that little dog sure did... and very nearly lost the lot in one go! Miraculously the dog survived more or less unscathed although I suspect a few nightmares may be coming it's way!

I ran up to Delphi earlier in the day, but decided to do an Assisi, it opens at 8am and I shall be at the gate by 5 minutes to! I just couldn't face the coach loads of little brats that were there today, hopefully I'll get the place to myself once again for an hour or so tomorrow.

Not too sure of where to next but thinking of heading round to Athens... whilst I'm in the mood for culture I don't feel that I can come all this way and not see the Acropolis etc. So I'll spend a couple of days doing as Taz & Joel taught me... just gently meandering around the coast. I actually think my daily mileage has dropped rather than increased now I'm travelling alone, the only problem there is that there is far too much thinking time!

The other good news is that not only have I found gas for my secondary cooker but I have also managed a bodge to make the Primus Omnifuel work once more... a little dodgy but as I never use it in or near the tent it should be fine; If future photos show me without any eyebrows, you'll know why! So hot food and a morning cuppa is now back on the menu,

By the way... I don't know where this blod picks up it's posting times from but are about 14 hours out... it is now 8pm Greek time... However that still leaves time for a perfect ending to my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment