Friday 30 November 2012

Home sweet Home!

I finally arrived home at about 6pm yesterday (Thursday) having stayed firstly with my niece Helen and her hubby and then with Anita for a night on the way back, to brief her on our stay at Bansang. So is it really Home Sweet Home ??? Hmm! need to think hard about that one. I'm obviously looking forward to catching up with friends and family over the next week or so, but to be honest, returning to a cold, empty house after the frenetic, emotional and love filled time in Bansang is most definitely a huge anticlimax. My thoughts are of course very much with Anita whilst she awaits her operation on Wednesday, but until we know that she is well on the road to recovery my life feels as though it is in limbo, I can't even contemplate planning any future travels or even begin to think about Christmas yet, with all thoughts focusing on next Wednesday and Anita

My only other thoughts are being directed towards my return to Bansang on 23rd January for 3 weeks, along with a doctor, a nurse and a handyman and a plumber! Hopefully, by then Anita will be well on the mend and my good friend Sulayman may have found a compound or two in Bansang for me to look at with a view to buying! All thoughts of property in Bulgaria having now been dropped in favour of possibly buying a small place in Bansang. I don't think I could live there permanently (yet!) but I do like the thought of having a little place there to call my own amongst my Gambian "family"... just have to watch that one or more of my Gambian "wives" don't move in whilst I'm away !!!LOL

In the meantime, I do however have to try to organise a meeting of possible participants in the 2013 Scooters in the Sahara adventure in the next couple of weeks. With loads to choose from it could well prove to be difficult making the final decision on just who I take along. I'm a little disappointed that I have not had more female applicants as I definitely do not want to take an all male team after last years debacle...too much testosterone makes a bad travel companion!

At the moment all I want to do is to crawl into a little hole and stay there until I hear that all is well with Anita.....






No comments:

Post a Comment