Thursday 15 November 2012

Today we head to Bansang


Wednesday saw me tick off just one of Anita’s  immense list of “Things to Do” with the purchase of new chairs for the wards, today will hopefully see Glenis and I tick of a couple more before we leave the luxury and wonderful hospitality of Luigi's and head up to Bansang. Luigi, Julie, Giovanni, Mariama and the staff here couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating, if you ever fancy a break in Gambia just look up Luigi's Hotel Complex on Google as far as I'm concerned it come with my 5 star recommendation

As I’ve said so many times before, the amount of things Anita manages to achieve in her relatively short stay at the hospital are simply staggering, and now it’s all down to Glenis and I !  Sulayman should collect me at 10 to go and pick up the chairs we purchased yesterday, whilst Glenis will be making contact with a Swiss couple who support some of the projects that Anita is managing at the hospital. Taz, if you’re reading this we could really use your Project Management expertise out here !!!

Hopefully our transport to the hospital will not be far behind Sulayman, as we have a few other thing to sort before starting the long trek back to Bansang; I can’t see us arriving at the hospital before nightfall.
Tomorrow we start off our day with a meeting of the heads of departments to try to get the list really moving along… that could be a little stressfull to say the least… glad a brought a bottle of Scotch with me as I think Glenis and I may well be in need of a little belt by tomorrow night.

 I have no idea when I will be able to update this blog next as it depends on the availability of WiFi at the Hospital, so if thing go a little quiet please bear with me, as firstly you think of headless chickens…. And then remember that we are 200 miles from civilization as you know it, deep in the Gambian Bush…

But before I sign off, please today keep Anita in your Hearts and wish her well, whether you are religious or not a little prayer for her would be very much appreciated but above all, keep her in your thoughts and send her your love…


No comments:

Post a Comment