Sunday 2 June 2013

The Rains are Coming !



Last night we had the second huge tropical storm of the week with very high winds and torrential rain. There was also far more thunder and lightening this time around. It started at around 5am which was a bit of a pain as I didn’t get to bed until about 1.30am, and lasted about 2 hours, although the thunder rumbled on for a while longer.!!!  Today the air feels fresh for the first time in ages with a coolness not felt in Bansang very often.

This morning should finally see the completion of Phase one of the refurbishment programme with just a few doors left to hang and paint in the toilets…  As long as they aren’t hung upside down as I found with one of the brand new doors the other day I’ll be a happy man. Oh and we still have the new double sink in the toilets to connect up, but other than that and a whole lot of cleaning it’s Job Well Done!

Tomorrow , hopefully we will get the orderlies cracking on with the full clean of both ward and the beds and cabinets that are going into it then either tomorrow afternoon or first thing Tuesday the children are moved down to the new section whilst Morro’s team move to the top and start removing the rest of the windows. Oh and I’m 1000Dalasis better off after Morro bet me he would have it all finished on Friday….

Meanwhile, I’ve already started on the planning of my next adventure, but not a solo one this time around. Yes , Allie and I are going travelling together for the first time since we did the Scottish Islands with Fred and Sue a couple of years back and our destination is…. Poland! Heading up through Belgium we will stop at Ypres to pay our respect at the magnificent war memorial and see the ceremony of the Last Post which is performed every day of the year. I’m not sure whether we will spend one or two nights here before heading north west across Germany towards Gdansk to start our meander through Poland. Who knows we may even take in a Speedway meeting or two on our way.  From there on we go where the fancy takes us, stopping when and where we please. I just hope the weather is kind to us, but as we will be leaving a couple of weeks after mid-summer’s day we should be alright!

However, before that I have to visit that very nice man at Travel-dri  to pick up a few bits of replacement kit, most notably and intercom set up as Allie and I do like to have a little chat as we ride and I get a sore throat trying to shout through her ear plugs… I also need to pick up a new sleeping  pad as I managed to make two rather large holes on the way down, in the one I’m using at the moment so I’ll be having some uncomfortable nights on the way back up next week I guess. And of course the old girl will need a little TLC after her long run back to the UK; an oil and filter change at the very least and very probably some new rubber, although to date the new Mefso’s I had fitted at Zen Overland on the way down seem barely scrubbed in. But before all that I have the first full Scoots meeting as well as at least one new potential team member to meet up with on my way home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dennis,
    Sue and I back from Tunisia, brilliant time.
    Hopefully you will get to see us when your back. Remember as a gear freak I have plenty of kit if you need it !
    Yes, you definitely need an intercom for Allie !!
    Hope you have a great ride back and the trip to Poland sounds brilliant. Speak soon mate.

    ReplyDelete