Thursday 11 April 2013

At Last !



The windows finally arrived just after lunch today. I still have no idea why the delay occurred. To be honest if Ahmed had said in the first place that they would be here by today I would have been very happy, but to be told they were on the way last week, then Monday, then told they had left yesterday morning, is just crazy. I hope that the quality of their fitting is rather better than the quality of their scheduling !

Otherwise it’s been a fairly quiet couple of days inspite of the Bosses regular emails…. I’m pleased to say that most things Anita is coming up with are already either done or underway, but I’m sure I won’t keep one step ahead of her for long…. So moves too fast!  One ongoing project is that I am trying to sort out the beds in the Labour Ward for Taniya. They are supposed to be able to adjust at the head to enable the patient to sit up, whilst at the other end there is a section that should slide in and out so it can be moved out of the way during a delivery. However all of the head sections have lost their screws whilst the sliding sections are completely seized up due to a nasty mixture of rust and dryed blood ! Not nice at all. Freeing them up consists of soaking in lots and lots of water whilst hitting the end with a rather large hammer. Once the gung is softened up it can be scrapped out with a stick… oh for a nice small wire brush for the electric drill, or even my dremel! Anyway so far I have succeeded in sorting two of them which leaves four more to go, but today they all had patients on them….

I can’t wait for tomorrow, seeing the first of the windows being fitted is going to be quite a milestone in this mammoth project, it will mean that the Malnutrition unit will be virtually finished, although getting to it is to say the least, a little hazardous at the moment , as the floor is being dug out in readiness for re-laying and tiling. Our builder, Morro, is at the coast getting the tiles and other supplies he needs to complete the job. If the guys really get stuck in I would hope to see the first tile going down early next week… fingers crossed.

Oh and we have 3 little visitors on our doorstep today in the form of three little kids which cant be much more than a week or so old. They tuck themselves in between the edge of my stood up bed and the house wall. Whilst quite tame they won't go as far as eating from my hand yet!
 
I took the windows fitters down to Paradise as they are staying overnight and starting on the fitting first thing in the morning and whilst in town I popped on down the road to see if our friend Victor who sells the coldest drinks in Bansang was back... and joy of joys he is, so I may just have to pop down later for a supercold JulBrew, just to welcome him home you understand !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment