Friday 12 April 2013

What a day already....

Before

I was on site before 8am, having slept like a baby on my outside bed, although I must admit that a couple of whiskys helped me on my way to slumberland !!! After checking on Morro's Merry Men and finding them hard at work but no sign on the Window fitters, I headed over to see Tanya at the Labour ward. She had already sorted out the next of the beds to come in for the attentions of my rather large rubber mallet, and the orderly was hard at it sloshing water all over it to clean off the worst of the gunge. I'm nor sure if this one was asier or whether I'm just getting used to the procedure but a little over half an hour later it was ready to be taken back into the ward fully working. Result no one for the day and it was still only just after 9am !

After


By the time I had popped up to the theatres and had taken Mohammed's Chinese bike for a spin the phone went to tell my that the windows fitters were on site.So it was over to the |Childrens Unit to witness to first of the installations. Oh Joy, to see the ward really starting to take shape. I think I was a little unfair to Morro's guy a week or two back when I said that they didn't seem to work quite so hard when he is not around. Today I unreservedly withdraw that comment as they are all working like men possessed ! The last section of the internal walls is coming down, the floor is being dug up, tons upon tons of rubble are being shifted and a couple of the guys are actually breaking the rubble down into a base layer for the new floor; amazing!.

No comments:

Post a Comment