Friday 12 April 2013


The Fascia boards are looking good in Amazon Green

Well, that’s the first batch of windows safely installed and it didn't take at all long once the guys got to it, hopefully the balance of the lower ward will receive it’s batch next Friday. I am also hoping that by the end of next week all the blockwork will be completed, and the tiling of the floors well underway. Then and only then I’ll be happy to take a couple of week out to fly home, load up the Bike and head back down overland to recce some new road to bring the Scoots through in October.

By the time I get back at the end on May work on the Children’s Unit and the Mite House
accommodation units should be just about coming to a close… Then we can start on the next project which will either be an 8 unit staff accommodation block upgrade or the Male Surgical ward which is well overdue for a makeover.  I know that Anita has had a pledge of funding for the Accommodation block but whether her magic will stretch that little bit further we will have to wait and see. Meanwhile, tomorrow, Saturday will see the work continue unabated at both the Children’s Unit and the Mite House. I’m equally sure that Tanya will manage to find another vacant bed from the labour ward for me to fix, but of course not many of the maintenance unit guys will be around so things should be a little quieter.

Tonight I think I may well head down into town to see Victor and sample one of his icy cold Julbrews, who knows I may even have a second to celebrate the window installation. Oh and to also celebrate the fact I seem to have arranged a marriage between Cadi, my Gambian "daughter" and Lamin, who is one of Morro;s boys! Seems all I have to do now is supply the obligatory sack of rice and drum of oil and it's job done, I may even be brave enough to put it all on my non-existant expense account for the Boss’s attention LOL  


No comments:

Post a Comment