Saturday 20 April 2013

The Tiling has commenced !



I can't explain why really, but I was just a little worried about the laying of the floor tiles. I guess it is because it is one of those jobs that if not done right smacks you in the face every time you see it! However I needn't have worried as it was very obvious from the start that the tilers knew exactly what they were doing and I was fascinated watching them set it all up. 


It's always a joy to me to watch someone who is good at what they do as there is always something you can learn and take away from it. They mixed the base layer and spent most of the morning getting it level, flat and the right thickness so that the new tiles butted up with the existing ones nicely. Once sorted the tiles went down faster than I would have though possible with one guy cutting the edge pieces whilst the other just whacked into the main stretch. I can't believe the pace they worked at. They will definitely havc finished the stretch down to the new bays by tonight easily... and by tomorrow night at least one if not two of the reconstructed bays should also be finished.

Whilst all this was going  on, the electricians were hard at work installing the new solar circuits and Julday the plumber was installing the pipework in the first bay for the wash hand basin.  Meanwhile the blockwork was being laid on the foundations they cast last night and is now up the first reinforced bean level, and I wouldn't be surprised if that has also been cast by the time they knock off tonight and all at a daily rate that you wouldn't get a builder to stir his tea for in the UK! Oh! and the painters were also hard at it putting the finishing touches to the front and the main entrance which now look absolutely stunning.  Phew, I feel quite dizzy trying to keep up with it all !!!!

1 comment: